Saturday, March 28, 2009

Welcome to Our World


Ok, so here's the deal....
I have resisted with every fiber in my body to ignore this whole "blogging" business. Technology and I do NOT get along, not sure if that's the techs fault or mine, anyway... I like to think that my life has been somewhat easier than all my blogging friends because I haven't felt the pressure to update my blog!

So, here I am, trying everything I know to do (and that's not much) to upload a recent video of the boys crawling so that my parents can see it from the comfort of their Pampa Town America Home. Once I have exhausted the three ideas I had of achieving this goal, I ask my loving somewhat computer minded husband to help me. His reply.... why don't you just start a blog like everyone else and then your parents can see stuff all the time. Not the answer I was looking for, but it appears that it is the best option I have come up with in the past two days. Yes, I labored over this for two days...


Alright, I venture out and try to upload this precious video on my brand new blog, the result......NOTHING!!!! See, what did I tell you! Now I'm back to square one, and then I find out that my BFF has snuck into town and I think to myself, Yea! not only do I get to see my wonderful friend, but she can fix my video problem. (she's a fellow blogger, so she's bound to know how to do this, right???) Well, she swoops in and clicks and pecks away at our laptop and says, it's done! Of course I'm rejoicing, however, it appears to be a little too soon. After she leaves I sit down to finish this "project" and the STUPID computer says there was an error downloading my movie, apparently the file is too big. So it looks as though I'm going to have to get out a special disk and video my children crawling and try again with a much smaller file. I guess I shouldn't be too hard on the website, in all fairness there was ALOT on the disk. (dating back to Christmas & being 1st time parents you can imagine the footage we have of these two boys!) Therefore, I will try and get this accomplished soon, in the mean time you will just have to look at some recent pics!

I'm sure I have bored you all to death, but this has been a major part of my life for the past 48 hours and counting!






6 comments:

  1. This is really cool. I can't wait for more updates. No pressure. Give em some sugar from Gaga and Papa Ladd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to temptation...I know the feeling. The videos do take a while to download. I have to use short ones off my digital camera. I love how it looks so far. The boys are too cute! Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! and welcome to the baby/kid/whatever you want blog world. Your family out of town AND in town will really enjoy it. I agree with Brandy, short ones from the "still" camera are small enough to load without heartache. Can't wait to see more of your cute little guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE IT!!!! It all looks great!! I am very excited about your entry into the blogging world!!! It will be a lot of fun keeping up with the boys!! Sorry about the difficulties!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who are the two boys standing? Grandad James

    ReplyDelete
  6. THIS IS WONDERFUL. This is like reading a good book, and the very best part of the book is the adorable pictures. I am not sure how you find time in your day to do this, but keep it up. Carla

    ReplyDelete