Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Little Brown Dog

Our sweet Isabel passed away this past Tuesday, June 23rd. It was very unexpected and we are all missing her so much that we can hardly stand it. She was a wonderful little dog, so sweet and loving. For those of you who had the pleasure of meeting Izzy, you know that she was so much more to us than just a pet! She was our baby dog! I loved to dress Izzy up in her adorable clothes and you could tell that she knew she was so cute! She loved to sit in your lap or cuddle up with you anytime she had the chance. She was also a very gifted singer, her favorite song to sing was "Boomer, Sooner"! I've put just a few of the pictures we have of Izzy up to share with you. We loved her more than she will know, she was a great comfort to us all and she will be greatly missed.
Our 1st Family Picture
The day Izzy came to live with us, April 15, 2006
Our Louis Vuitton Purses
She wasn't spoiled or anything...
My sweet Baby Dog
The Little Mexican Dog
Aaron just always assumed that Izzy spoke Spanish and enjoyed her tejano music. We had a lot of fun with her and she was always a good sport!

Izzy's 1st Birthday!
Opening her presents, she loved to get gifts!
Izzy dressed up for Halloween
Izzy's 1st Halloween Pumpkin
Izzy's 1st Christmas (our Christmas P.J.'s)
I remember when we took this picture... we were hoping that the affection for the boys would continue after they were born. I think the next few pictures will show how much she loved our boys. She was wonderful with them, so protective and enjoyed playing with them too!
All my Babies!
Grant has always been fascinated by Izzy. He loved to watch her! He would get so excited when she would start running through the house, it just cracked him up!
Aaron, Grant & Izzy getting some rest
Izzy's 3rd Birthday April 15, 2009
Playing with Grant through the window!
Giving Rhett some kisses
Even though we only had Izzy for a very short time, she will be in our hearts forever.
We love you Izzy the Dog!

4 comments:

  1. I'm SO SORRY!!! What a great little tribute to Izzy. I forgot that Aaron would play her Tejano music while ya'll were at work!! She will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear this! I know what a huge loss it is and when it's sudden and unexpected it's even harder to take. Right now you expect to see her everywhere she used to be but after a time she will just hold a place in your heart, it will be normal for her not to be around, and you won't be as tormented. I pray this comes sooner rather than later for you!
    ~Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH B, I am so sorry, I remember the way sweet Izzy was like your bestest friend. I understand the special place those furry creatures have in our hearts. I am so sad for you, Aaron, and the boys, I know you all will miss her very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear that! So sad! I know she was your little baby!

    ReplyDelete