Saturday, November 7, 2009

At the Zoo!

We took the boys to the Zoo for the first time today! They had a great time, even though some of the pictures do not appear so...
Honestly, I don't blame Grant for being unhappy about standing in front of the GIANT Gorilla. For those of you who don't know, I HATE monkeys or I guess I should broaden that to say ALL primates. I was attacked by a spider monkey when I was younger (around 4th grade) and it scarred me for life! Those little devils are just not right...
The little birdies were the boys favorite part! You can buy little sticks of food and the birds fly around and land on your stick or hand, what ever they feel like! Both boys thought this was hilarious!
Rhett was trying really hard to give the little bird a kiss!
This picture cracks me up because you can see Rhett in the background planning his attack on those birds sitting on the ledge. This child is afraid of NOTHING!!!

Grant finally got a birdie to land on his stick of food!
Watching the Penguins swim

Riding the Carousel, Grant loved it this time. He was not a fan the first time he rode one a few months ago.
Even though Rhett looks like he is being forced to sit here, he had a great time and kept jumping up and down on his horse to try and make it go faster!


Nearing the end of our day and Everyone was very tired and becoming very cranky
Everything is better now! They got to choose a souvenir to take home with them so they put their money together and picked the giant penguin! (Daddy may have had some influence!!)
Going home, they thought it was very funny to have the penguin in the seat with them.
All in all it was a great day and I'm sure we will be back very soon!

4 comments:

  1. What a special day......the zoo for the first time! I am so excited to finally get to "comment"! Bring the boys over to play with Henry soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like they had a great time! Grant looks so big holding the little birdie all by himself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks and sounds like a fun day! The boys are adorable in all of their pics. I am disappointed I didn't get to see y'all but glad that Paul and Emily did! We will be back again and again so we should plan a day.
    ~Allison

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you finally explained how to comment to me! What a wonderful thing to be able to see the awe in their faces as they make so many new discoveries. They look like they are having a great time! Love, Gigi

    ReplyDelete