Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Rub-a-Dub-Dub, Brothers in the Sink!

Ahhh, the first bath in the kitchen sink! I remember taking my own baths in my grandmother's sink, I thought it was the greatest, a tub just my size! Anyway, the reason for the sudden sink baths is that we have had bathtub issues for a few weeks now. The boys did have some fabulous bathtub seats, that worked beautifully up until the last couple of weeks. Then they decided it would be great fun to crawl out of them! We were dealing with it the best we could because the seats have been so great, highly recommend them, we've been using them for about 5 months. But then, they decided they would just start trying to get out of the tub all together, not cool.
It's very difficult to try and pin down a slippery little fish when he doesn't want to be pinned down! So, that's when Aaron decided that the seats had to go, apparently he read on them somewhere that you are to take your child out of them when they start to stand and crawl out of the seats, yeah, yeah, whatever! (he likes to follow the rules)


So I decide to get one of the blow up duck bath tubs, we have one that we use in Pampa and the boys seemed to be just fine with it. I guess Rhett changed his mind when he saw it in his own tub because he started shaking all over and crying, needless to say, it hasn't been going well....

Then as I was doing the dishes tonight, I thought to myself, why don't we just bathe them here. And as you can see, it was a hit! I believe we have found a solution and I'm sure the kitchen floor has never been so clean!








2 comments:

  1. Oh no! No seats and no duck tub? Emily LOVES her duck tub and very rarely tries to stand up. She likes to throw things over the edge and then retrieve them but...
    Looks like the sink is probably nice for Mommy's back though!
    ~Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it. I have watched that video over and over. I guess Rhett is right on his heals. Look forward to seeing that one. See u Saturday--Gaga

    ReplyDelete