Thursday, August 13, 2009

Hobby Lobby

I went to Hobby Lobby today to have some pictures framed of the boys. Their Aunt Amy took them about 7 months ago! Yes, I'm just getting around to getting them framed, at least it's not 7 Years ago! Anyway, not the point of my story....
I did a collage of each of them, Grant's pictures were all of him with his keys. Ah... the keys, for about 5 or 6 months, that is ALL he wanted! Rhett on the other hand was never really attached to any one particular toy. So this is where my story gets "interesting." For Christmas last year, my grandmother gave each of the boys an antique gun that belonged to my grandfather. It was such a special gift and I was so happy that she did that for the boys!
Anyone that knows Aaron and I at all are probably aware of the fact that we own guns and use them. I grew up hunting (yes the deer in our office is Mine, not Aaron's!) and being around guns, so it's never been a big deal to me! So, I wanted to get some pictures of the boys with the guns to have for us and to give to my grandmother. I told Amy I didn't want the boys holding them or anything, just wanted them in the picture! (I think they turned out great)
So here is where it gets funny, I take the photos in to be framed and I lay out Grant's key pictures and we get that taken care of (with many comments on how beautiful his eyes are!) and then I lay out Rhett's pictures and tell the guy I want his to look the same as Grant's. He starts writing everything down and then is numbering the pictures in the order I want and I notice that he takes a double look. Then he looks up at me and says: "Are those guns behind him?" I look down not really even thinking about the "slight" differences in the pictures and say: Yes, they were gifts. And he replies back with: "Well it takes all kinds!"
Good Grief! How do you respond to that? I chose not to...
Here are a sample of the pictures that are being framed, I guess it is funny when you think about Grant holding the cute little plastic keys and Rhett has an arsenal sitting behind him!


2 comments:

  1. It always shocks me when strangers feel free to say ANYTHING! Those framed collages are going to be great! I haven't been framing enough, just snapping away!
    ~Allison

    ReplyDelete